Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Been a while for this. ~Ask deke about religion~
View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2006, 09:09 AM   #124
clarkstoncracker
lol

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn

I believe I'm in a universe in which there is much that is unknown, and in many ways "unknownable". Where was "I" before I was born? where will "I" go after I die. What came before the begining? what comes after the end? Is everything we know of as "life", including this very conversation, merely the bizzarr by-product of a millions of year old runaway chemical reaction or is there something unknown involved?

Again, I believe you are siding on faith, as opposed to science. Science is looked at as faith by some, but I believe it as fact.

In this world, there is an explanation for everything, An answer for everything, and reasoning behind everything in and around us.

One more quote from my hero (ayn rand)
"The good, say the mystics of spirit, is God, a being whose only definition is that he is beyond man's power to conceive- a definition that invalidates man's consciousness and nullifies his concepts of existence...Man's mind, say the mystics of spirit, must be subordinated to the will of God... Man's standard of value, say the mystics of spirit, is the pleasure of God, whose standards are beyond man's power of comprehension and must be accepted on faith....The purpose of man's life...is to become an abject zombie who serves a purpose he does not know, for reasons he is not to question."

Heres how I will sum it up.. Why should I build my life around something that is a theory, a mystery, and non existant, when I can work, make money, have fun, and live life to my maximum enjoyment. Maximum enjoyment for me does not involve church, donating money to a church, praying, or anything else I deem a waste of time.

On the otherhand, Going to church provides maximum enjoyment for many, and donating to a church makes alot of people happy. So I say, do whatever you can do to keep happy.

Page generated in 0.06664 seconds with 20 queries