Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - How many zeros in a billion?
View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2008, 10:54 AM   #12
AGoodBuzz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
Most folks that have access to the internet know enough basic math to know how big a number a billion is.

As the link I pasted points out, this is a contrived, fabricated message, with many instances of severely flawed math. Nobody disputes that the requested 250 billion for Katrina Aid is a huge amount, but it too is old news.

The introduced act: "Hurricane Katrina Disaster Relief and Economic Recovery Act" dates from 2005 - from everything I have read, it was introduced, and never got through the finance committee as there are obviously funding issues.

Finally, who said anything about quoting other sites, and/or rules? The original post didn't quote a website, it's a copy+paste from a 3 year old e-mail forward... I simply refuted it, voiced my opinion on e-mail forwards in general. Especially the ones that take excessive liberty with facts; and that are obviously written with a slant toward an attempt to incense the reader into hitting "fwd to full address book" and/or paste to every webforum in the world before stopping to check for any credibility whatsoever.
I agree.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06565 seconds with 20 queries