Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - How does this statement by Obama sit with you?
View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2008, 06:34 PM   #20
DuffMan
Your Message Here

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
I agree with the statement in yellow. I don't think we should expect the rest of the world to be OK with our level of consumption of the worlds resources nor our level of CO2 emissions. Whether we should care what the rest of the world is OK with is another debate. I also agree that if we want to continue to be a "World Leader" we need to come up with a solution that will allow us, and the rest of the world, to live comfortably without destroying the planet and using up all the resources. I think it's stupid of us to think that we can continue to use limited, nonrenewable resources at an ever increasing rate and not expect it to cause problems later.

I think we need to be smart with resources and cleaner pollution-wise - but we need to do so in a thoughtful manner - not adopting the latest pseudo-scientific fad.

We also need to acknowledge culture. We broke from the cultural hangovers of vassal Europe which influence European culture to this day. We're more like Australians in our lifestyles and attitudes than Germans or Frenchmen.

Page generated in 0.04512 seconds with 20 queries