Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - What I've been doing for the past week...
View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2008, 07:22 PM   #9
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Update:

KTM is back together with another swingarm from Arizona and the engine and everything else is buttoned back up. Changed out the silencer packing and finally mounted a tool bag to the rear fender. Went back to a 36mm carby (stock size) after farting around for a couple of years with a 38mm - besides, the cylinder and head work I had done made it near impossible to keep the front tire from lofting anywhere over 1/2 throttle. Fired up first kick and purred - can't wait to test it out next weekend.

My old reliable (and recently rebuilt) 98 XR280 (77mm bore XR250) is now leak free and the brakes are 100% again. I now have a "buddy bike"! That damn bike started second kick on two year-old gas after sitting for just as long (I haven't touched it since I bought the KTM :tonka: )

Tomorrow I'll refit the bike shoe in the trailer to fit a full sized bike, add a cabinet and then barbecue a couple of baby backs to take to the inlaws.

Page generated in 0.04989 seconds with 20 queries