View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2008, 10:32 AM   #185
stinkpickle
bitter clinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrlnd View Post
I have read people using the 2" lift and retaining the ross setup. if remaining with the ross you'll have to adjust your toe in as the lift will toe the tires in more. saginaw swap is ideally the best way to go but if you rebuild the ross and the drag link I doubt it would be much issue unless you were running a wide tire. also it is advised that you swap to a later and longer H stlye shackle. for cheap insurance I would do the button head screw mod to the spindles to get rid of the weak thread into the knuckle stock setup. I want to run a 31x9.50 on mine so plan to go with the 1" with a .5 shackle.
Thanks for the advice Ill keep that in mind. I have the "rare" column shift on this cj serial number 36????. My intention is to keep it near stock as possible except for the 31"s I put on it. They seem to clear fine but my springs are bent and sagging some. I considered 2" lift to get more clearance but I think some good new or used stock ones will work fine. I plan to use it for show and shines and LIGHT trail use around Cadilac, Lake city area.
stinkpickle is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04123 seconds with 11 queries