Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - WhiteRhino's Latest Mods
View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2008, 06:51 AM   #29
0llllll0
JeepJohnson

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyevil View Post
I think he is talking about these joints.

If they were just straight welds I would agree, but the Clecos have to hold on to something, so I assumed there was a plate behind each joint as well.

"Clecos" I was wondering what those things sticking out were, so I had to look it up. For those of you who, like me, didn't know ( I'm not talking about you dodger889, I'm sure you knew this, since you've been "around the blocks a few time") Here's the skinny....

Clecos are plier operated, spring loaded fasteners. These temporary fasteners, originally designed for the "Aerospace" industry, are the way to go if your working with sheet metal panels. Clecos temporarily hold the material in place until it is ready to be fastened permanently. Many car builders have hung complete bodies with clecos before ever using any permanent fastening. Also shown in the image above are Wing-Nut style and Side-Grip style. Wing-Nut style is recommended for applications where high clamping force is required and can provide up to 300 lbs.clamping force. Side-Grip clamps are designed to clamp at the edge of the work area and are ideal for all types of materials. We stock these popular styles and sizes listed below. There are MANY OTHER styles and sizes available

"Black Foot" my CJ-7 build

Do you have a YJ ? Is the rear Frame rusted ? Check this out YJ Rear Frame Reinforcement Plates
0llllll0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06707 seconds with 20 queries