Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - My U.P. trip Aug 3-13. Dialup beware...lots of pictures.
View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2008, 07:41 PM   #30
victorymike
Geocache Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

This year I am planning on an 18 day trip. Not like other years tho. I am planning on hiking 118.5 miles on Isle Royale this year...Aug 18-Sept 5. Only 2 caches to be done. But, once again, I would consider this the trip of a lifetime.

All my trips in previous years have focused on geocaching (but not 100%). The remotest sites possible. Hikes to tops of mountains. Anything that says 4WD required. Ghost towns, old mine sites, etc. Each year my goal has been to taken 1 family member with me (only 1 year was I solo). And every year left me with memories I will cherish for a lifetime. Over the last couple of years I have been building on my rig (as CC knows) so I have opted for harder and remoter 4WD caches (in 2007 I had to winch myself out). Every year I come across a new place that I will camp at in the future.

If anybody (CC) is planning a vacation to the U.P. I'd be glad to help you with what I would consider must see sites (or caches)...based on your preferences and route, of course.
victorymike is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.24755 seconds with 20 queries