Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Yamaha Rhino's Were is really legal to use these
View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2008, 08:38 PM   #19
JKOZ
yes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountrysg View Post
Can they be made road legal and plated yes. There are a couple companies that are selling kits to include everything needed including tires to do this.
I would be curious as to what companies you know of that offer these kits. There is nothing that I have found.

The biggest obstacle is finding tires that fit the application. There are 28" TSL's, down side to these is they weigh 11lbs each more than the stock ones. Aside from those I haven't found anything that has a good amount of tread that could be used for trail riding.

After much research, yes they can be made legal---plated by the state of michigan. That goes for the entie state. Under the 4 wheeled form used for the state, there is no stipulation written (that I've seen) that says you can only drive on certain roads in certain counties. As common sence would come into play--stay off highways. Stock top speed on these are only 40-42mph, after simple mods 55-65 can easily be achieved though.
JKOZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06200 seconds with 20 queries