Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Someone please explain to me why I should be in favor of outsourcing.
View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2008, 01:30 PM   #17
howell_jeep
Last Free Man

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

[QUOTE=General Lee;1045545]Does having robots do our jobs give them leverage? Are we in debt to them?

We are already indebted to other countries. This is as much a burden to them as it is to us. They are holding a debt denominated in a devaluating currency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Can robots put us in an economic choke hold?
They wouldn't want to, or be able to, do it unless they are suicidal. We are too interconnected with financial markets. If they do something stupid, they'll end up hurting themselves.

Quote:
Were many jobs CREATED because of robots (producing them, engineering them, servicing them, improving them)? Can as many jobs be CREATED from outsourcing?
But weren't those often foreign companies producing robots? Outsourcing creates jobs as well. You have to have a group running the operation, logistics, transportation, distribution centers.

Quote:
I see the point you're trying to make...but it's still not quite the same from my point of view.
Quote:
Also, we implied that we recognized the types of jobs that would stay here ("service work"), but is there enough of that to go around? Is that type of work what makes people happy and satisfied? Does it pay enough? etc... Please explain.

Not only service producing jobs will remain. Just like robots didn't eliminate all assembly jobs. Some production just doesn't make sense to outsource. Costs of outsourcing will soon outnumber the benefits (cost will go up as $ devalues, other coutries' economies will pick up the standard of living to the point where their wages rise to the point of not being competitive, transport costs are going up, quality control, etc.).

Exercise your rights! Open Carry!
howell_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07376 seconds with 20 queries