Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - track bar question
View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2008, 11:44 AM   #18
IDIeselman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
The 50 or so Leaf sprung Jeeps I have built since being in business the last 14 years now have all gone out the door without a track bar. I guess I must be doing something wrong by using new quality parts or replacing worn items such as the above mentioned "bad bushings"

And the sleeved track bar, always a good idea Idieselman
that ONE ford you lifted makes you qualified to give advice on the subject.

I must have read the forum title wrong, is this the booty fab forum?

Now back to your question tomCJ7, sorry about the rant. Please take the time to check your spring bushings and make sure your shackles have the center bar or "pin" as some call it. If your shackles are longer than stock and your bushings are questionable than yes your Jeep will sway to one side when sitting static in your driveway and turning the wheel back and forth. I am not saying the track bar wont eliminate this movement, it will help no doubt.

But why not shoot for the elimination of the unneeded parts and replace the worn or improper parts instead. Have you checked your front shocks yet? Those too can magnify the side to side diving if they are wore out.
It's not my fault you send incomplete job's out the door, Don't forget you are liable! What do you think would happen if one of those jeeps you lifted left your shop and was involved in a roll over accident and the DOT inspector noticed the track bar was not replaced after it was lifted? How do you suppose those track bar/spring bushing's went bad to begin with? Because the spring's were walking side to side maybe? Even replacing a track bar/bushings on a stock non lifted jeep or full size you have to walk the frame over the axles by turning the wheel back and fourth to line up the bolt in the bushing. My referance to the one of MANY truck's I have lifted was to show even on new 1 ton spring pack and bushings you can pull the spring pack back and fourth compressing the bushing's by hand, Now this being the case I wonder why those stupid Engineers who designed the suspension would waste all that time and money putting a track bar under there??? I think you should should get ahold of those auto manufactures and let them know YOU are much smarter than all their design Engineers and they are just wasting money on those useless track bar's.....Genius has no boundries! I'm done. Never argue with a FOOL, They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Last edited by IDIeselman; April 6th, 2008 at 02:44 PM.
IDIeselman is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08378 seconds with 20 queries