Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 89 comanche 2wd 4.0 d44
View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2008, 03:38 PM   #1
dfreeman616@gmail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dfreeman616@gmail
Default 89 comanche 2wd 4.0 d44

update 4/28/08: the chassis is now gone to the scrap yard. engine and trans are now pulled.

this won't be here long, just quickly stripping what's good and scrapping the rest. it's an 89 comanche 4.0l with 5 speed, and a factory d44 rear end. the tag says 3.07, but i can't make out any other identifying marks on it. the odometer says just 061,767 miles. not 161,767. it says 61767 but there are some cracks on two of the mounting tabs for the instrument cluster, and the rubber piece around the odometer reset button is missing, suggesting it's been taken off at some point. the trans does shift into each gear with a notable difference between the clutch being depressed and not. i'm not sure how it shifts with the engine running because the engine isn't getting gas due to pinched lines. it has some gas right now but no radiator, it did start right up with starter fluid. body is gone. i can get more pics if any one is interested. it has buckets, full console, a rear slider, and a cargo light.

i'd like to keep the d44, possibly the engine, the seats, and the cargo light. but everything has it's price. for now, here's some starting points, all are OBO and delivery from grand rapids mi is possible for $0.75 per loaded mile. shipping on your dime:

engine: $75 obo note, the alt is seized right now
trans: $50 or make offer.
d44: $400 sold
seats: $75 sold
cargo light and switch: $ sold
front bumper: $30
slider window: $30 latch is loose, found it on the floor.
instrument cluster: $50
console: $25 sold
tailgate: $gone
door panels: gone
clock, chime module, and engine relay cover: sold
rims are mis matched, i don't have a full set of any of them. but i'm open to offers on them. i have 3 of the 5-spoke aluminum rims left, one 'gambler' that came on this truck, one steel off an xj (year unknown), and one that's a ford truck spare tire, i only know that it bolts up and has a new tire (245 75 r 16 i believe but i'd have to check again).

other items: ask/make offer. i can get more pics if you want, i should be working on it everyday until it's gone pretty much.

i also have an aw4/np231 combo from an 89 cherokee for sale here asking $450 for both: http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=81328
and other parts from the cherokee here: http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=7788

Last edited by dfreeman616@gmail; December 7th, 2008 at 11:06 PM. Reason: more parts sold
dfreeman616@gmail is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07621 seconds with 20 queries