Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - should I get D35 or D44?
View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2006, 03:51 PM   #14
jeepfreak81
81 inches of fun

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyPaws
Funny...I would be willing to bet that a vast majority of people that crap on the d35 never had any trouble from one that wasn't caused by poor maintenance. Not saying this about the ones that posted in this thread...just in general. I know several people on this board and others that continually say get a d44 or 8.8 and get rid of the d35 and they themselves have a d35 and have had no troubles...locked or not...and up to 35 inch tires.

Now i'll blow an axle shaft going to the grocery store.

Mine was regularly maintained and I blew the ring and pinion going down the highway on stock tires with a 4 banger. -- of course it had 185,000 miles on it,

Though my jeep is the ONLY vehicle of all my familys that has had a rear end blow, my dads suburban is appraoching 300,000 miles, and the vette they sold had 180,000 on it, driven hard. Plus the numerous other vehicles with no rear end problems.

Put in an 8.8 and even with the V-8 no trouble.
jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.56478 seconds with 20 queries