Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Yamaha Rhino's Were is really legal to use these
View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:22 PM   #7
kb8ymf
Not as old as Whiterhino

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8archer View Post
I know a guy making his street legal, just like making a dirt bike legal. The wall he ran into recently was small enough DOT approved tires that were still somewhat aggressive. He has put turn signals, mirrors and all that good stuff on it. Since the top speed is pretty low, it can only go on certain roads, I think he is limited to county roads, cant go on any "M" roads or highways or something like that.
While this may be a bit off-topic:
Any MSP Post that inspects and approves these size vehicles for legal street use in my opinion is irresponsible. An attorney could very well make a case that the owners be held responsible for accidents caused by these vehicles as they were not designed for public highways. Just because you have DOT tires does NOT make it safe. Braking systems, stability factors, windshield protection, all requirements of FMVSS standards. These vehicles are all woefully short of meeting any of these requirements.
As far a being 'limited to county roads'. I have never seen nor do any officers I know aware of any stipulation with the exception M/C under 125CC on Interstate highways.
jim-kb8ymf
kb8ymf is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05679 seconds with 20 queries