Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Grand Rapids Press MVUM article
View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2008, 05:33 PM   #5
Trail_Fanatic
Member since 1994

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upchuck View Post
I encourage others to E-mail Howard Myerson about the article today in the Grand Rapids Press regarding the trail closures.
Often, he takes a very biased slant against motorized offroad recreation, this time keeping quite neutral in his journalism.
More support from us to him without negativity can go a long way in the future to keep up some good exposure.
I think the letters help us get a more favorable view with him too.

When he called for the interview he mentioned that he had received a considerable amount of positive email from enthusiasts about his last article.

I'm not surprised at this quote, he chuckled when I said it.

Pat Brower, the land committee chair for the Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association, said, "two-tracks are becoming an endangered species."
Brower's group is for four-wheel-drive enthusiasts. Two-tracking is a favored pastime. He says the new maps will make for more confident decisions in the woods. But he thinks two-track opportunities are diminishing in federal forests.
"They are getting caught in the pinch between urban sprawl and semi-primitive, non-motorized areas," Brower said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatpumpkin View Post
Could you post the article here for those of us that don't get that paper?
Here's a direct link too:

http://www.mlive.com/grandrapids/sto...l=6&thispage=3
Trail_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07344 seconds with 20 queries