Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - What determines towing capacity?
View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2008, 12:10 PM   #32
XXXJ
Desert Rat

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
To add to my story, we were on US 10 or "old 10" as it's also known. We were on the West side of the town of Baldwin approx ten miles or so on a stretch of road that curved and had a double hump in it. This set off one of the worst trailer sway conditions ever witnessed by those who scattered from their locations either behind us or coming at us.

US 10 was 3 lanes at this spot and we used all three before spinning 180 degrees and hitting a guardrail bringing us to a stop as the trailer flopped. No ticket was issued as the local fire dept. said we were not the first trailer accident at this spot due to the same sway issue coming over the double hump and through the curve. Comforting huh?
By seat of your pants, I bet you checked yours!!

I've had that wobble start and the springs pick it up and something about the harmonics that you have to come to a complete stop to clear it.

Nice looking dodge!!! Nothing tows like a dually!!

But have you ever noticed the front track on most (all?) trucks is a little wider than the rear? Not a dually of course, but still....

Last edited by XXXJ; March 17th, 2008 at 12:34 PM.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05962 seconds with 20 queries