Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

The camp fix-a-lot crew travels to Moab

15K views 134 replies 54 participants last post by  alboy79 
#1 ·
Well, there's 4 of us out here in Moab. Tab, Paulburley, Tweak and me. Headed out Thursday night.

Heading through Denver we had our first carnage.

Saturday was the trip through Colorado and we were fortunate to have beautiful weather. Especially since the pass was closed yesterday.:sonicjay:

Yesterday was our first day on the trails so we headed for Hell's Revenge. Here's Paul on Hell's Gate.

Poser shot above the Colorado River.

Stickies seem to work nice.:thumb:

Then Tab tried to get Kristie to roll on Escalator.

I found the point where I start to lose oil pressure.

Awesome scenery everywhere.

See less See more
#30 ·
The internet connection here at the campground is slow.... :(

Here is one of the first videos I have of Tab crawling up Rock Chucker on Metal Masher.

YouTube - Tab crawling Rock Chucker on Metal Masher trail - Moab

More videos and pictures coming soon!
of course video doesn't do it justice. You should have seen Jim WALK Undertaker! Its about 9' tall now with being dug out at the bottom 2' and about a 75 degree angle. I had no chance and after a few tries I winched up. But not Jim. Always the showoff! Rob has most of that run too but there is so much traction its kinda hard to get everything on film or video because by the time you realize whats going on your up already.

#27 ·
Trailer tire was a round one.:sonicjay: Class C but I don't know what brand off the top of my head. I hit some road debris. (we think) Only other carnage was the wheel was toast too.

Yes, the red CJ "was" from the Bay City area. He now lives North of Detroit on the east side.

On to yesterday. Yes, we had some carnage & pics will follow. I just haven't uploaded them yet. Weather was great. Sunny, upper 60's & breezy. As Tweak said, we ran Metal Masher.

What's interesting out here {so far} is that even the red, difficult trails are not all that difficult. All of them can be run with a stock rig other than in a few spots and of the two trails we've run so far, there are pretty easy bypasses around the obstacles. With that said, the trails are a BLAST, with tremendous scenery, lots of small ledges, turns, twists, and a new vista at every turn. DEFINITELY A TRIP FOR EVERYONE'S BUCKET LIST!

#31 ·
The most difficult obstacle on Metal Masher had to be Widow Maker... I opted to bypass, and we had another who had to bypass as well since he only had front wheel drive.

Here is Tab getting ready to make the climb. The wall has to be at least 7 ft tall!

Then Jim took a shot at Widow Maker. Got to say that I am very impressed with the stickies.

Jim climbed Widow Maker without a winch. I unfortunately stopped rolling footage just before he crested the hill. The guys grabbed the winch line to aid if the front end started tipping back.

Headed out to Arches National Park today (after repairing some trail damage). :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.