Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Time to Link

9K views 88 replies 23 participants last post by  bearlys2005 
#1 ·
It’s finally time to go to links, coil-overs, and a full hydro system. I did a lot of research on parts for this upgrade and decided to go with Ironman Offroad for the parts. Dale was great and was able to get me all the parts needed for the upgrade. I decided to go with Gen-Right 3 link front and 4 link rear kit as well as the rear shock towers and the front hoop kit. To round out the suspension I went with the 14 inch King Coil shocks with external reservoirs and the Gen-Right stretch Comp Tank. For the steering I went with a PSC full hydraulic steering kit. I highly recommend giving Dale a call if you’re looking for parts like these or any parts for that matter. Dale is great to work with and gets you the parts you need at a highly competitive price.
Well the work has started and there will be many pic’s to come. We’re doing the build at Tab’s and my Jeep got to be the first vehicle on his new hoist. We just got it installed so that we could do the upgrades on my jeep. Tab will also be cutting all the extra brackets, rear truss, and any other custom parts that we may need to get this done.
So far we have the old rear suspension and fuel tank remove. We have the new fuel cell installed and have started to mockup the rear links. So the work has just started and there is going to be a lot more work to come before this project is done.

See less See more
#9 ·
Rear is completely done except for new brake hardlines. Total time to disassemble old stuff, mock up/install tank, mock up suspension, pull apart and finish weld, paint, re-assemble everything, put back on ground was about 22-23 hours of work. :thumb: Lowered the jeep about 3 inches so far. Very happy with our progress. Pics to come once Paul gets home and posts them up.......with a digital camera

#28 ·
No, but if anyone wants to donate free parts and services I'm sure he'd be ok with that, it will be going "all over" wheeling! :sonicjay:

Making fun of thefixer aside, it is real nice having everything already done and thought out. It has made the build VERY easy.....well that and my new hoist :nana:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.