Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Forum n00b questions

1K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  1x1_Speed_Craig 
#1 ·
what does it when I see the word 'bump' within a thread reply?

What does 'lunch bump' mean?

Is it sheaper to buy/perform/install mods on Jeeps than Chevys?

Where can I find the Dummy's guide to gear ratios and what they mean?

Who is Bogginboy?

What is the history of the GreatLakes4x4?

Should I go for a bigger suspension lift in order to get fat rollers beneath my truck, or should I do a body lift?

When you replace IFS with a front axle/diff, where do you get it from? Can you just get a rear axle and use that?

Thanks for helping, and stop laughing...:sonicjay:

#4 ·

they are "bumping" their threads to the top of the first page

their bumping during lunch?

Who is Bogginboy?

use the search button. you'll find alot

Should I go for a bigger suspension lift in order to get fat rollers beneath my truck, or should I do a body lift?

just cut your fenders and quarters :stan:

When you replace IFS with a front axle/diff, where do you get it from? Can you just get a rear axle and use that?

im assuming you mean a SAS. and no find a front axle

i tried to answer what i know lol

#6 ·
to actually help you:

takes the thread to the top of the list so it doesnt get burried in posts.

probably someone "bumping" their post during lunchbreak

Is it sheaper to buy/perform/install mods on Jeeps than Chevys?
not a jeeper, but there's a helluva aftermarket, and half the time, what you want for a jeep is probably for sale used here in the classifieds.

Where can I find the Dummy's guide to gear ratios and what they mean?
google

Who is Bogginboy?
the local laughing stock... infamous for being a deadbeat in deals.

not real educated myself

suspension if you can afford it.

well, if you want to be able to steer you have to use a front axle, and it has to have the differential on the same side as your front output on the transfer case.

good luck... with getting questions answered seriously... looks like you'll need it around here.

#9 ·
I suggest to read many thread after you do a "search", there is so many issues that have been covered in depth its hard to say how many repaet thread there are for some things. and welcome to the forum by the way :)

#10 ·
Yetti, Bender, Stevelknielvel, Thanks for your help. Sandal, since I'm not gonna repost this all over the forums, feel free to delete this thread.

#11 ·
Who is Bogginboy?

Let's see if I can help.

Bogginboy is a douchebag. Don't buy anything from him. Don't sell him anything. That's all.

There once was a website called misheegenjeapers.com where a bunch of social misfits would hang out, instead of being around other people. The owner sold it to another douchebag who ruined the site. So some girl named Kelly from Clarkston used money from a business her parents gave her to start greatlakes4x4.

You probably should not use a rear axle in the front. An unmodified rear axle probably won't steer very well. Unless you mount the axle in the very center and use a rope at either end to steer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.