Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

np241 to np205

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  itsachevything 
#1 ·
have a 91 burbn 350 700r4 or 46le what ever they changed it to. i have an np241 and want to swap it out for the 205. any one ever swap one out or know what would be needed as far as brackets, hardware, fabrication?

#2 ·
i did a strait axel coversion on my 93 truck, and i made a adapter plate to run the 241 tail shaft housing on my 208. on a 241 the speedo hook up is in the tail shaft, so you have to change it over if you still want the speedo. if you ave a 4l60, you have to run a speedo or else the tranny will not shift out of first. i would not suggest running a 205 if it is a 4l60 because the case was not designed to carry that much weight. if it is a older style 700r4, then you might be safe. i would try to fing a 208. i also had to make a cross over linkage for the shifter to the transfercase. if you have a 700r4 i think you should still have a cable driven speedo that should connect into the 205. if you think you need the peices i was talking about email me because i make and sell them, kinda dont want to spill my secret, ha ha

rich @ yothers455@yahoo.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.