Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

So far I am not happy with LED Christmas lights

2K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  ovrlnd 
#1 ·
I bought 2 sets last year to try them out, liked them. This year I bought 4 more sets to match the old ones... I put them all up and one of the strand from last year doesn't work. :whiz::whiz::whiz::whiz::whiz::whiz:

Guess it will be back to regular lights for me. :(

#2 ·
uhhhhh...I've had that same scenario with "regular" Christmas lights several times...

How does this dissuade you?

Didn't your string come with a couple extra LEDs?

#4 ·
I ran out replacing them all I replaced 4 in that strand because my tester said they were bad. They are supposed to be rated for 20 years. Definitely not worth the extra $$ - that is what dissuades me.

I never have had this issue with regular lights.

Edit: I always store them nicely bundled, or on cord winders.

#8 ·
out of 5 strands of regular lights this year 11 yes 11 bulbs were out. They were all brand new last year. They were stored in a tote, and I will add they were all "RED" in color. I don't get why just the red ones went out :confused:

#13 ·
[Handing Christmas lights to Russ] Unravel these. We need to check every bulb. [Pulls out a huge tangle of lights] Oop. Little knot here, you can work on that. [Hands it to Russ]

#16 ·
We had probably 1/3 of our lights from last year not work. We did LEDS for the first time this year. We put 5 stands on our christmas tree and they are really pretty. I'd imagine that some of them wont work next year though. Mikey stores his lights very well though. He is about as anal with everything as an engineer gets.

#17 ·
we have the smaller traditional lights. if the strand doesn't work I waste no time with it. pitch it in the garbage and go to aco or big lots and by another one. I have no patients for xmas lights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.