Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

car tires on my trailer

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  caveman 
#1 ·
anyone use car tires on their trailer? reason i'm asking is my trailer needs new tires and i can get a set of car tires for free that i could use for now while i save for trailer tires. i'm thinking it's not a great idea but looking for input.

#2 ·
Depends on what size trailer, and what you are going to hual. If the trailer is a car hauler and you are hauling a car (or jeep) on it, then no, they are not sufficient. Most car tires are "C" rated tires. You need "D" rated tires.

People will tell you they are OK but I have had my share of flats. I won't run anything but "D"'s.

#4 ·
hahahahahaaaaaa

I asked this in the summer. Put car tires on the boat trailer just to get it from here to Frankfort (little south of Traverse) and I didn't make it out of the U.P. before I blew the first tire. Blew another in Charlivoix (sp). Got to Traverse and bought new trailer tires at TSC and changed all 4 in the parking lot.

I just picked up 4 tires for my flat bed today for 250.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.