Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

BF Goodrich® Commercial T/A Traction - anybody use them?

6K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  ScOoTeR 
#1 ·
Looking to replace the tars on my old f250, these look like they have more tread depth than the mall terrains that need replaced.

Looking for longevity - the mall terrains have 60K on them and have about 4/32" left.

BTW, I'm looking for a "traction" tire since my f250 weighs around 9000 with the camper on back and is 2WD.

#2 ·
My first set of Rugged Trails went 62k before the sidewalls cracked. Still had about 9/32" left. This set looks like they will last about that long as well. They just don't have a ton of traction in wet/sandy conditions. They load up quickly. They probably wouldn't be a good choice for 2wd.

#4 ·
Sorry, the second set was another set of Rugged Trails. I posted mainly for the milage comparison to a vehicle that weighs in about the same and tows fairly heavy. Those do look to be a slight bit more agressive than the Rugged Trails.

I saw a set of these at Discount recently and they come in a Load Range E for towing. They are the Nitto Terra Grappler AT for about $190/tire. I may have to try a set once my RT's are dead next spring.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fi...48819&cs=265&dVeh=dVeh&rd=17&vid=007832&ar=70

#25 ·
just stay away from continentals, came on our 06 350 and they slip on dry pavement. Saddest part is that it has the FX4 package, I wouldnt even think of goin offroad with those.

I looked at the alternatives and if you have 18in rims finding load E is not common

#26 ·
I went with the traction t/a's. The $100 off deal discount tire had a few months ago made my mind up for me. HAve not had them in bad weather yet, but I think the combo of deep tread, siping and nearly 2000 lb in the bed of the truck should work well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.