Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

beadlocks

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  whiterhino 
#1 ·
I would like to get beadlocks and I like the innerair locks but weld on bead locks are cheaper but that is not always better any ideas thanks:confused:

#2 ·
if your in the market for new wheels get h1 wheels internal double beadlocks and cheap plus they can be recentered to whatever back spacing and bolt pattern you need. if you already have wheels weld on beadocks only clamp the outer bead where as the inner air locks hold both beads on the wheel. you would need two complete sets of weld on kits to complete the same task. But the weld ons wont fit on the inside of the wheel due to brake and steering interference. But blowing just an inner bead is rarer than blowing an outer, i would go for the inner air beadlocks

#3 ·
I have a set of trailready's, they are very well made. A little pricey but I have had no complaints and they have been through hell without a single tire failure.

#4 ·
Depends on what you want and can afford to spend. Clamping up both the inner and outer is the most foolproof. But, most loads on a tire/wheel come from the outside. I've been running weld on beadlocks from Tab for 6 or so years and have can count on one hand how many times I've popped an inner bead. However, they do tend to get dirt built up in them and will burp air occasionally. If you do pop an inner bead, they are very easy to reseat if anyone in your group has air.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.